Good question. Here are the top 10 reasons:
1o. Flexible hours – I understand that you need to run your business during the day. We can schedule our calls and meetings when it works best, including evenings and weekends, in person, on the phone, or via skype.
9. Comprehensive fees – I don't need to meet a billable hours requirement, which is why I created comprehensive fees that let you know what you're paying for, when, and what is included. Your invoice will not be a surprise.
8. Next Generation perspective – You'll get a fresh perspective from someone who can relate to the Next Generation and future of your business.
7. Your family business. Your choice. – Decision-making remains with you and your family.
6. Sticking to what I know – My areas of expertise are very clear and I don't try to be all things to all people. I know where my boundaries start and end, and when it's appropriate to recommend another professional.
5. No strings attached – I want to be out of a job as soon as possible, because I want you to be equipped to handle whatever comes your way...without me! My philosophy is: "Give a man to fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime."
4. I'm a Family Business Nerd – I have an abundance of resources to support our work together, and can point you in the right direction to find what or whom you need.
3. I feel your pain – and will do whatever I can to help you avoid the pitfalls our family business fell into.
2. I care. I really do.
And the Number 1 reason is....
1. The Economy – Family Business is the Backbone of the Canadian Economy!
Our country depends on family business:
- Over 80% of all Canadian businesses are family businesses
- They make up 55% of Canada's GDP
- In the next 5 years, 27% of family business leaders will retire
This is a problem because...
- 70% of all family businesses never make it to the second generation...
- An astonishing 90% fail to reach the third.
Why? Generally, because there is no succession planning. Specifically, because the important yet difficult conversations that need to happen, simply don't - whether related to succession or not.
Nexus Facilitation & Coaching provides the opportunity for the real discussions to happen, leading you to be a strong family and have a sustainable business.